Friday 22 May 2015

Kahwa Mint Ice lollies

The Sun scorches all day long.. and the heat wears me out.. my family and I always want something cool and healthy...

Not to forget my kiddo loves popsicles, I was awarded with super chef title from him for the Caramel mochasicles I made for him ....so this time I combined exotic flavours of kahwa with some summery mint to make some healthy and delicious Kahwa ice lollies! They are refreshing and just what u need to beat the heat! The Kahwa truffles I made some time back were super hit at my home. Here's one more experiment from kahwa tea leaves coming from my kitchen!!



Ingredients:

  • 1 cup water
  • 3/4 tsp kashmiri kahwa tea (or green tea leaves)
  • 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1/4 tsp dry ginger powder
  • 10-12 saffron strands( dissolved in 2-3 tbsp water)
  • Few dried rose petals (optional)
  • Few fresh mint leaves
  • Sugar to taste
  • A handful of chopped almonds




Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes
Total time: 4-5 hours
Yields: 6 ice lollies
Kitchen Equipments required: Saucepan, a mixing spoon, popsicle moulds

Directions:

  • Boil water in a saucepan along with powdered spices.
  • Pour this boiled water over the tea leaves, add rose petals and mint leaves, let it stand for 10-12 minutes to steep the flavours.
  • Add saffron water and chopped almonds.
  • Stir in some sugar, and let it cool.
  • Pour the tea in the popsicle moulds and transfer the moulds to freezer for about an hour, take out the moulds and insert sticks in the centre, cover and put the moulds back to freezer for at least 4-5 hours.
  • For demoulding, run hot water over the mould and carefully take out the popsicles.
  • Serve chilled.




No comments:

Post a Comment